Inferno Dragon Snipers
Please Log-in to view, post and share your thoughts in forums...
Inferno Dragon Snipers
Please Log-in to view, post and share your thoughts in forums...
Inferno Dragon Snipers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeWebsiteLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
New forum members please introduce yourself
Visit our site

FRAPS , improve your recording performance

Go down 

Did this help ?
A lot
FRAPS , improve your recording performance I_vote_lcap33%FRAPS , improve your recording performance I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 1 ]
Little
FRAPS , improve your recording performance I_vote_lcap67%FRAPS , improve your recording performance I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 2 ]
Nothing
FRAPS , improve your recording performance I_vote_lcap0%FRAPS , improve your recording performance I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
IDS bull_the_great
IDS Clan
IDS bull_the_great

FRAPS , improve your recording performance Empty
PostSubject: FRAPS , improve your recording performance   FRAPS , improve your recording performance EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 3:27 am

FRAPS , improve your recording performance FRAPSmovies
http://www.fraps.com/download.php

In following few lines I will try to state as many things as I can remember on how to improve your FRAPS recording performance , reduce lag in game created by FRAPS recording etc ...Also , the picture above shows the recommended settings to maximise the smoothness in game , to reduce the frame drop made by recording ...

1. Have as much as free space possible on drive where the game is installed
2. Change the default location where the videos will be stored on your PC . It is not good that same drive is used to save videos and to use game process . In FRAPS , hard drive thing is very important , the less "stress" on main drive that is used to run your game , the better .
3. Defragment your game drive . Again , much importance is on hard drive . Fragment the partition where your game is located , C drive by default . You can do it here :

My Computer / RIGHT click on C drive , / Properties / Tools / Defragment drive

This will ensure better drive usage and flow of the data ...
4. Virtual memory ; RIGHT click on My Computer / Properties / Advanced / Performance-Settings / Advanced / Virtual Memory-Change / Select C drive - Custom Size - Initial 3999 MB - Maximum Size 4000 MB

( Make sure your C drive has 4 GB plus free space , and of course , the more free space , the better )
5. In game settings : Have maximum resolution of 1024x768 , 800x600 recommended .
Lower or disable all of the extra video settings , like blur for example , anti aliasing and similar .
6. Task Bar : since every program on computer uses some processing power , you will have to have as least open programs while playing a game as possible . Torrents or any open downloads obviously go first , as much as they are more connection related than sytem , still can take substantial amount of process , and what we need the most , hard drive . Close internet browsers as well . Some people might even wanna try downloading and running a Game Booster while in game , that program shuts down all processes that are not necessery for the game to run hence giving more processing power and priority to the running game . http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html
However , note taht this program is highly invasive , agressive , and can create some side effects , also it is compared to cheating system of game accelerators .
7. And one that isn't so important but helps is , restart your PC before going to play and let the PC do all the startup slowly , do not open any programs in initial time of startup .

I would like to hear the advices from all of you , because we all know , no matter how we adjust the settings and what PC configuration we have , there wil always bve a system stuterring during the recording because lot of things are going on in that moment . Since FRAPS can't render the data while recording it in same time , it must save in raw AVI format , which is as uncompressed , very heavy , and hard drive has to go through a lot , writing all the data from video being recorded and processes used to run the game .

All suggestions and comments are welcome .

Back to top Go down
http://ids-clan.webs.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS , improve your recording performance   FRAPS , improve your recording performance EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 4:56 am

You've pretty much covered it all there bud!

If you do want to record, then really you just need to make sure you are running on 800x600 or 1024x768! with graphics set to as little as possible! anything bigger and higher and your asking for trouble Razz LOL (if you have super computers with good graphics cards then it doesn't really matter too much)
Back to top Go down
IDS bull_the_great
IDS Clan
IDS bull_the_great

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS , improve your recording performance   FRAPS , improve your recording performance EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 7:13 pm

yeah , 4core with 4 GB of RAM with SLI 1 GB each graphics card lol!

but what is most hilarious , users with even configurations like that still rant on frame drop hehe . because they crank it all up and expect miracles . yeah right . you can have any PC , but direct writing of big files to hard drive can never be easy ... but still , if there are some tweaks , break it here ...
Back to top Go down
http://ids-clan.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS , improve your recording performance   FRAPS , improve your recording performance Empty

Back to top Go down

FRAPS , improve your recording performance
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Inferno Dragon Snipers :: Sniper Elite 2005 :: General Discussion-
Jump to: